ページビューの合計

平成22年12月5日日曜日

スラムダンク: Some Thoughts and A Song to Get Through Finals

I am generally not a fan of any athletic or physical activity with the exceptions of tennis, badminton, squash, elegant dances, and walking very quickly between places. I generally consider most large professional sporting events to be part and parcel of the "bread and circus" manufactured culture of power elites designed to keep citizens enmeshed in a status quo of conservatism and pop-culture. Also, I must admit I do not understand much about Japanese anime. That all being said, I have discovered this Japanese theme song from a cartoon from the early 90's called Slam Dunk スラムダンクhttp://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLAM_DUNK It's really fantastic in the way that, it gets heart pumping in a hopeful, optimistic way. The random interjections of English are also a delight. (Yume no high tension!) The feminine voice positioned against the hyper-masculine images of basketball-wielding players is a interesting, if curious, juxtaposition.

On this Sunday night of paper writing and homework, I encourage my comrades to indulge in this humorous, touching, catchy message of hope:



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿